Jacob Burns Film Center
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Creative Culture is a program that connects filmmakers to creative careers. This project-based program invites emerging and working professionals to the JBFC Theater, Media Arts Lab, and Grant St. residence to fully realize their short artistic projects. Creative Culture participants are provided with professional equipment, production and post-production space, mentorship from JBFC staff and visiting filmmakers, and peer support of others within the community. Each five-month Creative Culture term includes openings for multiple "Makers," who pay a flat fee of $2,500 to participate in the Creative Culture community and enjoy access to its resources and professional opportunities; and two Fellows, who receive a $4,000 stipend and an unparalleled level of access to CC support.
ELIGIBILITY FOR FELLOWSHIPS & MAKER POSITIONS
- The Valentine & Clark Emerging Artist Fellowship is open to applicants under the age of 30 who have graduated from college and demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a career in the film/media arts. Priority is given to applicants living in Westchester County, NY.
- The Sally Burns Shenkman Woman Filmmaker Fellowship is open to all women filmmakers who have graduated college and demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a career in the film/media arts.
- Creative Culture Maker positions are open to applicants of all ages who have graduated college and demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a career in the film/media arts.
- Artists working in all film genres and disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- Statement of purpose: an outline of the applicant's goals for the fellowship
- Project proposal: A detailed plan for the project the applicant will complete during the fellowship period, including a rough timeline. The proposal should also provide information on the current status of the project, highlighting available materials (e.g. script or plot treatment), any casting or crew decisions to date, and completed work on the project thus far, if any.
- A representative reel or three (3) work samples
- Two (2) professional references
*Applications are evaluated on artistic merit, feasibility of the proposed project, and adherence to the application guidelines.
The deadline to apply for fall 2017 Creative Culture positions is July 1, 2017. Candidates will be notified of their status by August 15, with a tentative start date of September 6, 2017. The fall Creative Culture term runs from September-January.
Missed the deadline for fall? Applications for spring 2018 Creative Culture positions will open mid-fall. Sign up for our JBFC mailing list to stay in the loop!